This policy may be updated from time to time without prior notice, so please check back periodically. If you continue to visit this Website and use the services made available to you after such changes have been made, you hereby provide your consent to the changes.
We encourage you to read this policy to learn more about:
1. Information Collected
- What information of yours is collected by this Website.
- How we protect children.
- How you can opt-out of receiving communications from us.
- The security of your information.
- Links to other websites made available to you by this Website.
a. Personally Identifiable Information
You may have certain rights under the Communications Act, Federal Trade Commission Act, and other state and federal statutes that may apply, and by accepting these terms and using the Website, you are waiving all of these rights as to collection, use, disclosure and storage of your personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information collected by us.
b. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Certain non-personally identifiable information about our visitors is collected by the standard operation of our Internet servers and through the use of “cookies” (small amounts of data that are sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive for the purpose of facilitating and enhancing your communication and interaction with the Website technology, such as the type of Internet browser you are using and the domain name of your internet service provider, where you go within the website and how much time you spend in any particular area, search queries, impressions and other data). The information we collect is (1) used to improve the content of our Website and enhance your experience, and (2) for us to contact our customers. All information that is collected is on an 'opt-in' basis and users are given the opportunity to 'opt-out' at any time.
2. Protection for Children. This Website is not intended for, and we have no intention of collecting personally identifiable information from, children under the age of 13. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, that child’s parent or legal guardian should contact us (see below), if they would like the information submitted by the child deleted from the Website. We will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from its database. If you are age 21 or younger, you are not authorized to submit any content or information to this Website without the explicit consent of your parent or legal guardian.
3. Opt-Out. If you do not want to receive email from us in the future, please let us know by sending email to us at the above address requesting to be removed from our mailing list. In addition to this, all email correspondence that we send you will include a link which when accessed by you, will enable you to remove yourself from our mailing lists. Please note that there might be a brief delay between when you submit your request to opt-out and when it is processed and reflected in our systems; accordingly you might continue to receive communications from us for a limited time after you unsubscribe.
From time to time, we may send out email on behalf of reputable organizations whose products or services are complementary to what is sold at wineenthusiast.com. The Wine Enthusiast does not share or sell your email address with these reputable organizations or any third-party.
If you supply us with your postal address on-line you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by sending email to us at the above address. [Also you may receive mailings from other reputable companies.] You can, however, have your name put on our do-not-share list by sending email to us at the above address or opting out at the time of your order.
Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers on-line may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding orders they have placed on-line. They also may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such telephone calls, please let us know by sending email to us at the above address or calling us at the above telephone number. You can, however, have your name put on our do-not-share list by sending email to us at the above address or calling us at the above telephone number. Please provide us with your correct phone number. We will be sure your name is removed from our list [and the list we share with other organizations] as soon as possible after we provide your request.
4. Security. We are committed to using our best efforts to maintaining the security of your Personal Information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we adhere to industry standard practices and procedures to help safeguard and secure the information we collect. Although we use our best efforts to protect the security of your Personal Information and our system, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, no transmission via the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result of this and other factors beyond our control, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you transmit to or through our Website. Therefore, you assume that risk by using the Website. The website is secured and verified by VeriSign.
5. Links to Other Websites. This Website may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites.