800.962.8463   View Cart   Track Order   My Account   Customer Service  Sign Up for Email Alerts
FREE SHIPPING on All Orders of $99 or More.
Browse by: Wines by Type | Wines by Varietal | Wines by Region


Jamsheed 2012 Harem, Syrah, Victoria
Qualifies for Free Shipping on $99+
Jamsheed 2012 Harem, Syrah, Victoria
Item Number:22 65 144 12
Our Price:$26.95
Discounted Case Price:$299.40 - 7% off!
($24.95 per bottle)
Availability: IN STOCK 

Pin It

Based on the averaged scale of 1 to 5 glasses

Based on the 100 Point Scale
 ST  91 
About Our Ratings

Jamsheed 2012 Harem, Syrah, Victoria
Gary Mills, the visionary, brains and hands behind Jamsheed, spent two years at Ridge Vineyards in Santa Cruz everything he could under the tutelage of winemaking legend Paul Draper. The winery is named for Jamsheed, a Persian king who ancient writings tell us was an early inventor of wine, when he stored his grapes in jars over winter where they would spontaneously ferment. This wine is 100% Syrah or Shiraz as the Persians called it. 60% hails from a Pyrenees estate established in the late 1960’s on quartz laced granitic soils. The rest of the blend (40%) is from two different Yarra Valley vineyards. The average vine age for these grapes is over 20 years old. Fermented with indigenous yeasts and 75% whole bunches, the wine was pressed to new (20%) French puncheons and older hogsheads for 8 months and then bottled unfiltered and unfined. The International Wine Cellar scored it 91 points and said “Bright purple. Highly fragrant scents of black and blue fruits, olive paste and smoky Indian spices. Shows textbook syrah character, with appealing sweetness, smokiness and spiciness to its cassis, cherry compote and licorice pastille flavors. The persistent, subtly tannic finish repeats the smoky note and shows very good focus. Fantastic value here, and a great introduction to winemaker Gary Mills' style."

Discuss This Wine in Real-Time

Customer Reviews

There are no reviews for this item. Write Review

Ask Us a Question

Start typing your question and we'll check if it was already asked and answered. Learn More
No questions have been asked about this item. Be the first!

You May Also Like:
Subscribe button Privacy policy
Wine Gift Baskets | Pairings | Wine by Type | Wine by Varietal | Wine by Region | Samplers | Wine Clubs
Affiliate Program | Customer Service | Track Order | My Account | View Cart | About Us
Follow Us And Stay Connected!
Follow Us ANd Stay Connected

Copyright © 2016, Wine Express®
All Rights Reserved.

WEB02-WEX Facebook Twitter Pinterest RSS Google +