800.962.8463   View Cart   Track Order   My Account   Customer Service  Sign Up for Email Alerts
FREE SHIPPING on All Orders of $99 or More.
Browse by: Wines by Type | Wines by Varietal | Wines by Region


Chateau Sainte-Barbe 2012 Bordeaux Superieur Play Virtual Wine Tasting
Qualifies for Free Shipping on $99+
Chateau Sainte-Barbe 2012 Bordeaux Superieur
Item Number:11 10 305 12
Regular Price:$22.95
Sale Price:$18.47
- 20% off!
Availability: BACK ORDERED. Buy today and we'll ship it as soon as it arrives in our warehouse.

Based on the averaged scale of
1 to 5 glasses

About Our Ratings

Pin It

Chateau Sainte-Barbe 2012 Bordeaux Superieur
Following up on the immense success of the 2011 here is the 2012 Chateau Sainte Barbe. The Chateau was originally built in 1777 by Jean Baptise Lynch, owner of Chateau Lynch Bages who owned it until his death in 1835. It's unique location on the peninsula between the Garonne and Dordogne Rivers allowed it to avoid the phylloxera epidemic that wiped out most of the Bordeaux vineyards in the late 1800's. Today its 70+ acres of gravelly alluvial soil vineyards on the right bank of the Garonne are about 50% replanted and consist of 80% of the Merlot with the remaining 20% divided between Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc. Strict control of the vineyard is the key to the high quality of the fruit and careful state-of-the art winemaking techniques including aging up to 12 months in new oak barrels, does the rest. This 2012 is a blend of 80% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Cabernet Franc. It has already won a half dozen gold medals including a Best Of Class, 93 points in the Los Angeles International Wine Competition. It shows deep color and on the nose it reveals black currants, cedary spice and graphite minerals. On the palate it's rich and robust with cassis, roasted coffee, black plums and more minerality. The tannins chewy and round. Drinks beautifully right now but it has the the intensity and structure to age gracefully for up to 5 years or more. A great wine for the price!!

Discuss This Wine in Real-Time

Customer Reviews

5.0 / 5.0
2 Reviews
5 Stars
4 Stars
3 Stars
2 Stars
1 Stars
A Bold Barbe!
This was was very bold on the nose with earthy, mineral aromas. Mouthwatering with great acidity and lots of spice! A great value buy!
October 12, 2016
Outrageously good for the price!
This is no shy Bordeaux superieur. Big and bright dark fruit with earthy under tones will really shock you at this price!
October 16, 2016

Ask Us a Question

Start typing your question and we'll check if it was already asked and answered. Learn More
No questions have been asked about this item. Be the first!

You May Also Like:
Subscribe button Privacy policy
Wine Gift Baskets | Pairings | Wine by Type | Wine by Varietal | Wine by Region | Samplers | Wine Clubs
Affiliate Program | Customer Service | Track Order | My Account | View Cart | About Us
Follow Us And Stay Connected!
Follow Us ANd Stay Connected

Copyright © 2017, Wine Express®
All Rights Reserved.

WEB01-WEX Facebook Twitter Pinterest RSS Google +